Not so perfect student is a student blogger who blogs insightful blog posts about a variety of topics from motivational quotes to recipes, it’s a wonderful blend of blog genres. Wanda Belin runs a blog about her faith (Christianity) and how to draw support from your belief. Please check out both lovely ladies.
A blogger who I love to read their blog posts is Anja Ge who blogs about fashion, thrifting and how to set up a blog. She combines her OOTD posts with other topics from the latest tv shows she’s enjoyed to what she has been up to recently. I love how effortless her style is and sleek her blog looks.
1. What’s your favorite book that has been turned into a movie?
Pride and Prejudice if you mean favourite book in general that has a movie adaptation but if we are talking about favourite book and favourite book adaption Jaws for sure. The movie was so much better than the book which spent far too much time dwelling on marital troubles and not enough time on the shark that was terrorizing the area.
2. What inspired your blog name?
I was planning on starting a youtube channel and my friend threw out ‘roadtobecomingroda’ because I was talking about how I’d like to chronicle my journey of self discovery. I thought it sounded brilliant and so within a couple of days I had set up my blog and the rest is history.
3. What’s your life motto or quote?
Just keep swimming- Dory from Finding Nemo
As simple as it is, we all sometimes need to remember that as bad as things may look, they can get better.
4. At what time do you love blogging the most?
When I feel inspired/have great pictures. My blog posts tend to be photo heavy because what I blog the most about is my outfits. And honestly, what I like the most about fashion blogs are the photos included of the outfits/items/trends being discussed by the blogger.
5. What accomplishments do you strive to make each day?
No idea, pray 5 times a day? I don’t have a regular daily goal. My goals change depending on what i feel is the most pressing. I guess my main goal is to work towards getting a first in my degree and getting into graduate medicine. Also, being a better person whether that means being more patient or more helpful.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
As a doctor, i’A.
7. What makes you happy?
Music and books. I love listening to music whilst I’m reading and honestly, the only thing I will miss from my long commute to university is that I won’t have 90 minutes a day forced reading time. I just don’t find myself able to concentrate unless I’m without wifi. With music, this year I went to 4 concerts. I went from having gone to like 4/5 musical events in 5 years to going to 4 concerts in like a two month period. Mad, right?
8. If you could give someone a fat cheque who would that be?
My mum, she deserves it for raising me.
9. Fashion or food? Which would you prefer ?
Fashion for sure. Who needs food when you can look good? 😉 As far as things that interest me, I find fashion so much more interesting and would rather invest more money in looking good than eating well. Guess I have shit priorities.
10. What are your plans for your blog?
Plan 1: blog more regularly- stick to my schedule of a blog post every Tuesday/Wednesday and a post on Sunday once a week. So I post this on Thursday instead. Oops.
Plan 2: Improve my blog layout as it is quite basic at the moment and experiment with my style.
Plan 3: To make blogger friends.
Plan 4: start my #hijabichats series and do more general fashion discussions, I tend to do OOTDS so regularly because they are more easy. Also I need to do more installments in my ‘way to style’ series. I have a lot of ideas written down.
I am tagging 8 blogs
FOR THE NOMINEES
Here are the official rules to accepting your nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a short word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post. (They might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post a comment in the comments of –> the award post <– so your post and blog can be viewed.
10 random facts about me
- I remember faces very easily, I may not know your name but if we’ve spoken once and I see you again, odds are I’ll be able to place you.
- I’m a sucker for romcom movies and tv shows
- I love the roaring 20s aesthetic.
- My favourite type of trousers to wear are jeans and I wear a pair of jeans almost every time I go out, including job interviews.
- I’ve started writing so many short stories over the years but I’ve finished very few.
- I spent like 5 years watching booktube/reading book blogs before I started my own book blog (my book blog)
- My ideal pet would be a snake, because I’m cold-blooded.
- I love reality TV, whether it is competitive or not. From Made in Chelsea to Survivor to Come dine with me. I even watched 4 seasons of Ink Master even though I have little to no interest in tattooing just because it was a new subject matter in the reality tv show format. My reality tv recommendations are Genius, Survivor, Flavor of Love, the mole and 90 day fiance. Everyone should check them out.
- I once fell off a balcony.
- I hate the sound of my voice.
My questions for everyone I tagged
- What other name would you give your blog?
- What is the best thing you’ve gotten out of your blog?
- Dream holiday destination?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Funniest memory/story?
- What blog post spent the longest time in your draft/trashed area and why?
- Why do you blog?
- Favourite tv show/movie?
- What made you make a blog?
- If you could have one super power what would you choose?